Monday, January 29, 2018

Well this week was honestly a pretty solid week

Well this week was honestly a pretty solid week here in Oxk. 

We met with Lousi Alberto twice this week. The first time we went with a member around his age--and yeah we aren't bringing that member anymore. Let's just say that. Ummm, but he's really progressing really well and following through with is compromisos. We talked to him about the word of wisdom the first time and he said he would follow it. Then we go back on Thursday and he said he hadn't drank any, and we were so proud of him. The Spirit was so strong and we felt that he was telling the truth.  We go to Brother Chi's house on Saturday to eat lunch and he told us that Luis has been drinking. Idk--we just didn't really feel very good when he told us that. We didn't believe him. He went about telling us a very strange way and he just kept repeating the same thing over and over again. So idk, I think well just pray about it, and rely on the Spirit and what the Sprit is telling us

We went to Mani on Wednesday and worked there basically all day. Its a pueblo about the size of Fox Hills mas o menos and we just contacted a bunch. Well the district wants to do a blitz there and we have three sisters that are in Ticul. Let's just say that that activity won't happen. I don't wanna tell the story, but just imagine two full grown ripped men charging you, and not knowing what to do. We just stood there and acted calm. A lol is well, were alive :)

We went to go back to one of our contacts around our house and we go and she comes out and says her husband doesn't want us in her house, so we said we could teach her outside he gate in the calle. So she brought out chairs for us and we started teaching her. Her husband wanted to leave and we were kinda blocking the entrance way, and he just looked at us and he motioned like get out of the way or I'm gonna do move you myself. So I got right up and and I told my comp to get up, and so he walked out and just stared at us.  I was just like "hands up. dont shoot"   He walked out. So it started to rain and Hermana Balam told us to come in under her "roof" so we did.  We went in, and then we see her husband coming back, and I just got this horrible feeling in my body. He came up to us, got kinda close, and said something in Spanish.   I just told my comp we needed to go. We just walked insanely fast away from that house. As we were walking away from the house we heard Hermana Balam screaming and him screaming and I started to walk back to stop what was happening, and my comp told me I couldn't.  So that was insanely sad

Oh my--so we have a member named Gustavo. He's older.   Probably in his 20s.   He has a girlfriend. He's really less active. He's got super long finger nails--only on his pointer finger........cocaine.  So we had a cita with him on Thursday, so we went and he wasn't there, so we taught his girlfriend. It went well and then at the end of the lesson my comp asked Arraceli if they were married and she said yes.

Then my comp asked, "How old are you?"

Arraceli dijo, "Catorce"

Companion dijo, "Cuantos anos tiene su esposo"

Arraceli "26"......................bruh

Well we probably are gonna stop teaching her, just cause its a weird situation. And he's kinda strange. She's awesome----but shes only 14..........

Well we had one contact this week when we saw this guy opening a fruit and its called Yaka. I think its from India but they can grow it here.  The guy said its pretty tasty.

Well one thing that kinda bugs me about my companion is that he never wakes up at 630--its usually 730 or 715. I shower, eat, and everything and then I have to go tell him to get up.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy. So close to becoming a realllllll missionary yesterday.... Oh mY--I legit thought I had. I had a little squeaker that I had to push out, and then I pushed more for some reason and--yeah shouldn't have. I went to go check and nothin'...miracles let me tell ya'!

Well we got some pretty aweeome new investigadoras yesterday. Named Yanin(21) and Alma(16).  They were a contact at a store. We have been trying to get to talk to Yanin for the past couple weeks, but nothing and her dad told us to come back on Sunday. So we went yesterday and she was there and we taught her and her sister. Well they really liked what we had to say and they don't really have any religion background. After they fed us this gnarly food. I'm super excited to see how they progress. Their dad has a bocho (VW bug)--which is actually a pretty nice one.  Only a few nice ones around her in oxk. I think I'm gonna }ask him if I can take it around the corner with him.

Well last experience for this week happened this afternoon. We came home from Ticul from getting the bikes and I couldn't find my camera. I got super stressed and starting to kinda freak out cause I lost it. I thought it was in the bus so I just was freaking out. I looked everywhere. I looked on the iron board nothing. I looked in the kitchen nothing. I looked in the five fridges we have that don't work. I looked everywhere. So I went to the room where we sleep and I shut the door and I just got on my knees and I prayed. I just told Heavenly Father that this camera was important to me and if He would please help me find it. I got up and looked for another five minutes and I turn around and lo and behold on the ironing board there was my camera. 

Well you guys I know Heavenly Father loves us. He loves me. This camera had all my pictures from the mission on it and it was important to me. And Heavenly Father knew it was important to me. He really does listen to our prayers and answers and blesses us.

That's about it for this week

Peace

Elder Hall





















No comments:

Post a Comment