Monday, January 29, 2018

4 months (1/22/2018)

Well this week was a good one here in oxk. We had a baptism this week for Toto.

So first lets talk about our mission leader we got in this branch. On Wednesday when we had our correlation meeting he told us that he really wanted to work with us this week cause he hasn't really been. So we were like awesome--this is awesome--someone in the ward wants to work with us. So we never once got a call from him this week. We tried calling him and he never once answered.  Well, we had a baptism Saturday and he said he would be attending and he would call and make a program. So we were like 'awesome, we have help'. Welllllllllllll Friday night comes, and we still don't have a program, nor have we heard from the hermano. So we just waited till Saturday morning.  It was scheduled to be at 4, so at 12 we still hadn't heard anything so I took it into my own hands and I called Josiel (who is the first counselor in the Presidency) and he called some people and assigned some people talks and people for prayers and helped us out. We go to the baptism and he never even shows up... so annoying.   Well we are there at four and Toto shows up at 3:30 like he's supposed to, and we wait because his family isn't there.  4:30 passes, 5:30 passes....well finally at 6 they show up. Its a common thing down here to be late--but not that late. Its usually only thirty or forty minutes late to everything  (including church). 

We have one awesome investigator named Louis Alberto. We taught him this week. We talked about the Book of Mormon and he knows its true and knows the iglesia is verdadra.  I felt impressed to ask him this question and I said, 'Hermano, so if you know all these things are true, what do you believe is the next thing you need to do? 

He said,  'Well, hermano, I need to be baptized don't I?'. 

Holy smokes--the Spirit just filled the room. Oh my. It was so awesome.  I looked at my comp and I was trying to hold my emotion back,  and I was just like holy smokes, did that seriously just happen? 

So we committed him to a date. It was so awesome.

Well the mangos (I've learned here) are pretty dank.  I'm gonna start eating them more and more. 

Oh okay--here's the last story. It was literally a miracle. 

We get a call at 7 in the morning on Friday from Hermana Villareal, who is the spouse of President. She says I need you guys to run over really fast--my husband can't get up and he can't get out of bed. We get there and he literally couldn't get out of his bed.  Even if he moved his head slightly he would almost pass out and get all dizzy. So we gave him a blessing and left. That next day was the baptism, and so the young women had a activity and they got back and they needed to pay for the bus that took them to Ticul.  So Presidente was gonna come. But I was like 'Hermana, he can't get up.  He's insanely sick.'   So I was going to just pay for it 'cause it was just sitting there for like 30 minutes. Hermana said, 'No, he's coming'.   He showed up and he was literally walking perfect. And feeling perfectly fine.


Well that's about it for this week. I got a new companion Elder Nuñez. He's from VeracruZ. He's friends with Elder Olguin my first trainer. It will be an interesting change here in Oxk., but I'm trying to be positive. He likes to work hard from what I have seen so far. 

Well that's about it for this week. 

Love you guys, 

Madi's baby looks like Harrison (but is cute).  

That's all--k bye 

Peace

Elder Hall












No comments:

Post a Comment