Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Its been pretty chilly this week

Well this week was definitely a tough one. It was a good week but tough at the same time.

Zulma says that she doesn't want us to stop by anymore so that sucks. We'll pass by in a couple weeks, or I'll have the next missionaries pass by. I think she feels a little guilty, from News Years and all  the partying and knows that she's not supposed to do those things. Well its all good. 

We got some pretty awesome new investigators this week. One of the less-actives that lives right by us is named Ignasio and he's like 65. And so we went to visit him cause his grandson asked us to. And so we did and we stopped by and he let us in. And we taught him about the importance of going to church, I wonder why... and he told us that he committed some bad sins and that he feels bad and he doesn't want to go back cause people will judge him. and I just told him that it wasn't true and that people honestly have no idea. And then I told him that David and Eduardo go to church alone every week, and their parents don't even go. And that they choose to go cause they know its important. And so they need an example in their life. So he needed to go to church. So I told him that if he didn't go that I was going to come to his house and find him. So he said okay "I will go." So he didn't go and so we went right after church to his hosue and we asked him where he was for chucrh and he said that his wife is super sick so we let him off the hook for this week. He's awesome. Good guy, good heart.

Oh my listen to this. So we went to go see one of our investigators that didn't want to listen to us anymore so we went anyway and so we say buenas and they come out and so first the little daughter comes out and says she's coming and so she runs back inside and then the big son comes out and hes like 10  years old and he says she's not here. So im like .......bruh. And so I start talking casually with him and so I got his mind off that we were there for his mom so out of the blue I just said can we talk to your mom. And he was like oh yeah one sec. And he ran inside and got her. Mannnn people these days!

Well Yaretzy is progressing super well. We taught her once this week and our goal for that lesson was to get confidence en su mama. So we asked to have her mom be in the lesson as well. So she came out and we were really focusssing on her. And at one point we asked her why she didn't want them baptized. And we aked her about her baptism and in reality if you remember my email from a couple weeks ago she said that she didn't remember anything from her baptism and we were like that's kinda interesting. So we asked her again what she remembered from her baptism and I asked her if she remembered who went and she told me who all went and I was like do you remember it and she was like yeah I remember it was a good day and it felt good. And so I was like Yaretzy knows The Book of Mormon is true and I said I don't know if you knew but she read the first chapter of The Book of Mormon all by herself the other night and at the end of reading she prayed. and then Yaretzy looked at her mom and nodded her head. and then we asked Yaretzy why we need to be baptized and she told her mom and then we asked her a bunch of other questions in front of her mom and she got them all right and her mom said yeah she knows and I was like yes, ok now is the time to pop the question. And so we did and she said no se. And then we asked why and she said the dad doesn't want to have them baptized. ugghhhhhh its all good. Some day!

Well my companion got bit by a dog this week. Luckily I ran from the dog and didn't get bit. It wasn't too bad. He didn't have to get any shots though. I just threw rocks at them when they start running after us. There are so many!

Its been pretty chilly this week. I had pretty bad asthma at the beginning of the week. I have my inhaler. Well it didn't do too much so i just waited it out and it went away. Still have a cold though and hawkin lots of loogies. real mexican now. 

Well Mom and Dad, I am almost out of space in my journal so if you could send me some more journals that are bigger that would be awesome. 

I'm living like a bum here. I didn't ever think i would have to but with the little money the mission gives you, you have to do with it. Its been a struggle. I eat a lot at breakfast, and only usually one serving for lunch and then nothing for dinner. But I'm starting to eat a lot healthier. 

Well cambios are next week and I'm kinda nervous. I think I'm going to be training but maybe not we'll see. 

Well okay heres a little experience that just reassures me that our heavenly father answers our simple prayers and questions...

Yesterday I just asked Heavenly Father for a humbling experience. I noticed that I was becoming insanely prideful and cocky in my work. The week before we had an awesome week and I got super cocky in my work. So I noticed yesterday that I wasn't able to be effective this way and I cant work like this. So I asked Heavenly Father in my prayers for a humbling experience. And low and behold he answered. We taught a lesson to Toto yesterday and my Spanish literally wasn't working. I said some stupid stuff and he looked at me like what the heck are you saying and he just couldn't understand me. And in this lesson I just got a feeling and something telling me that this was the lesson I needed to learn. 

Well thats my week. Have a god week.

Elder Hall






























No comments:

Post a Comment