Wednesday, January 10, 2018

December 11 - I love these people

Let me tell you guys--I love these people. Its been an awesome week here. Its flown by, and I honestly can't really remember what's happened this week.

Well, where do I wanna start?? 

Let's talk about the pĆ³lice for a bit. We were in Centro trying to find one person on one of the days and so we asked the police officer if she knew him, and she was like, 'repito por favor.' And so we said the name again and she said, 'Oh, that's my novio (boyfriend)'. And we were like, 'Oh, where does he live?'  And she said he's working right now and he's a police officer as well. So we went to the police office to teach him a lesson, and so we asked the Chief for him cause we wanted to teach him a lesson. So he calls for him and he was in the back and he comes out and this guy was as high as a kite.  He was so stoned out of his mind. His eyes barely were open. Well that's one problem Mexico has I guess. haha  Love it though

Well I got a new companion today. Elder Eguia. He seems pretty straight forward and knows what he wants to do. I honestly think we're gonna be picking up the work a lot more. Me and Elder Garcia had a crazy successful week this past week but I honestly have a feeling its gonna pick up a lot more with Elder Eguia. We got two new awesome investigators this week. Jarold who's 13 and Shirley who's like in her 20s. I'm super excited for them both and its awesome to see their testimonies grow in this short week as we taught the both.

Well mom and dad--when you guys come down here there's another place you guys need to visit. Its called Loltun--they have sonnotes, which are the caves with water, and they have a pretty sweet waterfall as well.

Oh my--we ate at Presidente Villareal's house yesterday and he has a farm. He grows all kinds of fruits and so we got our own coconuts with milk in them, and then as a little snack before lunch we got to eat the meat inside the cocos. Its something different let me tell ya. It was pretty tasty

Oh my gosh--listen to this. So I think it was Yuesday night or Wednesday no se, pero I wore shorts and a short sleeve that night.  Well let's just say that was a huge mistake. Like a huge mistake. I got 18 bug bites in one night. One on my neck, one on my forehead, 5 or so on my back. and a ton on my legs and arms. I'll send you guys some pictures later, but wow I was in some pain.

Well the feria naranja had a car show Saturday and Sunday. and we were tracting one day and I see these bugs that looked pretty cool and I was like,  'Sorry Elder, we need to stop and contact these people. The Spirit is telling me I need to contact them'. Not really, I just wanted to see these cars. One guy had a 59 oval window, and the others were 60s. VW's. Oh my they were so sick. The blue one had a ginormous engine in it and it had a nitrous tank in the back. The red one was pretty stinking nice as well. And then the oval window one was just pretty, and I couldn't stop looking at them. Well I talked to the owner of them all and he said you cant find these cars anywhere. Well that made my week, its always nice to see nice cars that don't look like they're about to blow up..

Well our new investigator. Shirley. She's in her 20s or so and she was a reference from our branch president. and so we met her on Saturday and we taught her and everything. The lesson was awesome and she listened very well. She said she wanted to get baptized but that she didn't wanna set a date cause she wants to know for sure. She came to church yesterday and you're not gonna believe what she did. She kissed my companion!!  Its normal to do it here if your like friends, but she kissed him not knowing and he was like uhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahha we were laughing so hard.

Jarold is our other investigators. He's 13 and he's awesome.  Comprehends everything super well.  He loved the part of the Restoration that God loves all His children, and that's how we have the Book of Mormon. He said that he felt our message was true. He said he wanted to get a baptized as well, but we have to still meet his parents cause that's kinda important. His mom told him that he can do whatever with religion.

Well we have one investigator named Armando and he's an awesome guy, but at the same time he annoys me to my limits. I love the guy, so here's the story. We went to visit him and he let us in and he lives in a Palapa. I'll send you a pic. We 'taught' him a lesson. We honestly tried teaching him the Restoration, but we got to second section page and that's it. He just doesn't stop talking. He talks about stuff that's like Apostasy stuff and I'm just like k. So I got to a breaking point with him and I just said, 'Armando, as a representative of Jesus Christ, we help people come unto Christ through his true Gospel on the earth today. Armando, I have a sincere question for you.'  And he said, 'Yes?'  And I said, 'Do you truly wanna come closer to Christ and listen to our true message we have been sent here to teach you?' And he just ignored my question and I was like we got to go 'cause we're wasting our time here. Well my companion feels bad for the guy 'cause he's not married and lives alone and only has two cows that he hangs out with every day. So he's pretty lonely. Anyways, at the end Armando was like, 'You guys wanna go get pan and leche?'  And I felt bad so I just said, 'Yeah really fast--we have an appt.'   So we ran to the store and he picked out pan and the cashier said 70 pesos and he pulls out his wallet and he only had a 50 dollar bill, and then he started to scramble in his pockets for coins. He emptied his pockets and he had literally one peso left after buying this food for us. It was awesome.  Even though I struggle with this guy I love him. He's awesome. Some day he'll join the Church and it'll be awesome.

Oh my--listen to this.  So I think it was Friday and all of our appts weren't home so we had nothing to do.  So when we don't have anything to do Presidente Ruiz says to pray and then follow the Spirit to guide you to a person and then teach them.

So we were just walking aimlessly and I was like elder we need to pray.  So we stopped on the sidewalk and I said a prayer and I just asked Him to bless us with a person that needs our message right now. And I said 'Amen' and we both walked the same direction and I saw a man painting his house. Mid 20s and I didn't say a word to my companion and I just started walking towards him and I opened my mouth. and I talked to this man. His name is Jose and he has a 1-1/2 year old daughter and a wife (which is very rare here). Anyways we talked to him and at 6 we're teaching him. I honestly got a feeling on Friday that we needed to talk to him for a reason, and I think its gonna be great.

Although we haven't found many people this week, we have been working super hard and it feels awesome to just come home (seriously) at the end of the day and just fall into my hammock and just feel like I can't get up 'cause I'm so tired. I love coming home and having my shirt be brown 'cause I walked that whole entire day and found the people I needed to talk to.  My shirt's brown 'cause I sweat so much.  I love when people look at me like what language are you even speaking, but it means I'm trying.  I love it here.  I love the weather.  Its starting to get a little chilly which is nice. It makes me feel like I'm at home.  Its like mid 60s-low 70s. so that's nice.  I've been wearing my sweaters.

Alright you guys--I've got some big news for you.  I might have become a real missionary this week. hahaha Well, we had just finished lunch at Presidente Chi's house and I think the food just went straight through me.  I ate habanero with it so that wasn't good either!  So we were walking to go to the appt right after and I just got this feeling in my gut like its coming and you best run for your life 'cause its coming fast!  I was like 'Elder--yo tengo tarreesh (diaherrea in maya)!'  Oh my--we were walking and I literally had to stop 'cause I was gonna (mess)  myself if I walked anymore. So we waved down a taxi and we hopped in haha and my comp gave our direccion to the driver and I said,  'muy rapido por favor!!'hahaha Oh my I was so ready to just let it fly. I honestly had the thought that I could just take care of 'becoming a missionary right now so I don't have to do it later, but I couldn't let myself haha. The taxi driver was driving so fast!!  i was millimeters (I'm telling you millimeters) from just letting it blow. And we get to the house and I said, 'Elder, you pay! I need to tarreesh'. And so I ran in and oh my--our water didn't work in our toilet!! So I just let it fly.  And because we don't have water in our toilet, I had to sit to one side and lean into the shower and fill up a bucket to flush so I didn't clog it!!  It was a close one let me tell ya. 

Well that's all I got for this week

Love you guys--talk to you guys next week. 

Elder Hall




















No comments:

Post a Comment