Tuesday, February 13, 2018

This week started out to be probably one of the best weeks in the mission

Literally this week started out to be probably one of the best weeks in the mission and then ended basically leaving us here in Oxk with basically nothing. No investigators. No members helping. Nothing...

Well we started out the week teaching Yanin and Alma a ton. We gave them the Plan of Salvation folleto after our first lesson. They said they would read the folleto and then the first two chapters in the lbm, and pray about it all. So we go back for our second lesson on Tuesday and Yanin had read and everything. But Alma!!! She read it all and she like comprehended everything. She literally gave us a 10 minute lesson on the Plan of Salvation. It was so awesome. We taught them a couple more times this past week and committed them to baptism, and wow it was awesome. We were so excited and so pumped for them. Well then we had a baptism for a Nino that lives in Takash on Saturday and Yanin and Alma said that they were going to go and going to go to church on Sunday. So Saturday comes around and we pass by to pick them up and Yanin is only there and she says that they can't go cause that they have a family obligation, and so we were like 'awesome'. Thennnnnnn she said, 'Yeah, I'm moving to Chetumal'--which is in Collin's mission. I'm like c**p.  Then I said in my mind, 'I need to email Collin to give him her numero telefono'.

Well my companion still wakes up late everyday. Very frustrating.  I shower and get ready and eat and all that jolly stuff and then 730 comes around and I have to go wake him up. We talked about it in inventory on Thursday and I told him he was going to wake up on time or I'm going to be making some calls--and I won't be calling the ZLs first or the APs--I'll be calling President. And he said he will try and he didn't.  Seriously this week I'm cracking the whip on him and I will make the call.

We basically have nothing here now. Its a little tough and I've been a little down about it. 

My companion told me this yesterday: 'You know my trainer (my first companion), we watched movies, had regular music, woke up at 830 every morning. and had fun. And guess what?  We had investigators, we had 4 baptisms in that transfer. Elder you wanna do that?'.

And I said, 'Nope.  I could care a less if we have investigators'.

Its so frustrating that missionaries that are literally going to the movie theaters seeing the new Superman and have movies and watch just garbage and listen to music and don't follow the rules one bit are having so much "success" if you wanna call it. And then I asked if his 4 investigators were still active and he said that they were. un poco frustrante.

Well idk--sometimes I feel that these long days will never end but its days like Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week that I work my tail off and push through the hard days.

That's about all I got for this week. Sorry its a little lame.

Elder Hall













No comments:

Post a Comment