Monday, October 30, 2017

MERIDA!!!

HOLY SMOKES THIS IS AWESOME!! 

I don't know my companion's name. but I like him a lot. 

Anyways--so we got here at about 8 o'clock this morning, and I get off the plane and its already like 83 degrees. So hot. And humid. 

Anyways, they greeted us at the baggage claim, and that was super cool. So we go to get our companions, and he called me up the the podium to tell me, and when he said my comps name the Spirit just filled my body. It was amazing and I already know were gonna change this area. 

I'm in the city called Kukulcan--and its like 20 minutes from the temple. So that's cool. 

My companion says they try to get three investigators a day, so I proposed to him next week we shoot for 5. 

Right as I walked into our house (yes, we have a house), I took the area book and started looking at it. We only have 1 investigator!  That will be changing. This elder seems like he really wants to work, so that's good. And if he doesn't wanna work--well, too bad--we are.

My last week in the MTC was honestly my worst week of them all.  To begin Hermano Hernandez pulled Elder Linnarz and I over and basically told us that the Spirit can't be with us when we don't get along.  So I asked if we could talk alone to figure it out. So we did. I listened to that kid pick me apart for 30 minutes straight--my personality, my family, my emotions, everything about me basically.  I just sat there and listened. It was really like high school all over again--and if you know me, you know what happened in high school, and you know how I felt about myself in high school.   I felt that same way until about 5 o'clock last night.  Me and Hermano Alvarez (the first counselor) talked, and he told me that it was uncalled for and it was not my fault. 

My comp called me racist. He said I talk differently to the Mexicans than to the white people,  and I said, 'Yeah, you are correct on that one. Maybe its because I know zero Spanish! hummm--I wonder how that works? 

I told my district about mom's car and he tried making me feel bad for it. He said, 'You know, I come from a family that lived off of food stamps, and lived paycheck to paycheck, and your hear talking about your mom buying a car'.   Sorry? Not sorry. I really tried being nice, and I told him at the end of the conversation that I was gonna try all I can to be a better friend and improve my personality. :}

Anyways, I'm pumped to be here in Merida. I'm in an internet cafe right now, and its hotter than an oven up in here.  I'm sweating so much.  Then I wanna go tracking after, so we'll do that hopéfully when we finish emailing. 

Its good to hear everybody is doing well. Sorry this week wasn't very eventful, but I'll be on for a little longer, so email me and we can talk. 

Elder Hall























No comments:

Post a Comment